Help With Math
The Elftmann Student Success Center provides learning services in mathematics for all Dunwoody students, particularly in algebra, Boolean algebra, trigonometry, geometry, physics, and electronic circuits. Individual and small-group study sessions, interactive math workshops, faculty-led Guided Study Recitations, online resources, and math study skills are provided on a drop-in basis.
The Center provides a safe, supportive, and friendly learning environment in order to diminish math anxiety.
Math Guided Study
Faculty in the Elftmann Student Success Center provide support and guidance to students throughout their technical program by offering free Guided Study Recitations.
During Guided Study Recitations, an expert teacher leads an informal lecture, discussion, and guided practice in various areas of weakness depending on student demand. Online resources and self-assessment practice are also available. Common topics include electronics, mathematics, and Boolean algebra/digital theory.
Students attend Guided Study Recitations on a voluntary basis and are encouraged to bring questions or homework.
Areas of Support
- Boolean Algebra
- Formula Transposition
- Basic Electrical Physics (Ohm’s and Watt’s Laws)
- Basic physics of the electron
- Using Ohm’s and Watt’s Laws
- DC series circuits
- Parallel circuits
- Combination circuits
- Relationship between Ohm’s and Watt’s laws
- Problem-solving techniques for hypothetical scenarios
Logic Circuit Analysis
- And Gates, Or Gates, Nand Gates, and Nor Gates
- Techniques for analysis of logic circuits
- Integration of Boolean algebra and binary manipulations with logic circuit analysis
For more information, contact Eeris Fritz: email@example.com, 612-381-8122, Black 52D or Classroom A in the Elftmann Student Success Center.
Eeris holds Guided Study Help Sessions every Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday from 2:30 – 3:30 p.m. or by appointment.